If the refrigerator, freezer, refrigerator freezer is not working, please refer to the suggestions below.
- If the refrigerator isn’t working, it may be because it is in Demo mode.
- This is indicated by a ‘demo’ icon on the display.
- You turn off Demo mode by pressing "Mode" or "OK” and holding down the button for about 10 seconds.
- If this does not disable Demo mode, refer to the user manual for detailed instructions. (If you do not have your user manual, refer to Where can I find the user manual for my appliance?).
Can you see the indicator light and the internal light when you open the door?
If the indicator light and internal light do not illuminate, it may be that the cabinet is not switched on or that there is a problem with the power supply.
- The freezer can be switched on using the button on the panel or by turning the thermostat/temperature knob.
- You can check whether there is a problem with the power supply by plugging another appliance into the freezer socket and seeing whether that works.
- If there is no power at the socket for the cabinet, the fuse may have blown or an RCD circuit breaker may have tripped.
To ensure adequate cooling, the cabinet must be sufficiently well-ventilated.
- Install the refrigerator in accordance with the instructions supplied with the cabinet.
The cabinet must be installed well away from heat sources such as radiators, boilers, direct sunlight, etc.
Is the ambient temperature between 10°C to 32°C?
- If the ambient temperature is too high or too low, cooling may be suboptimal.
- This will generally activate a warning LED or an audible alarm.
- This is normal, and indicate that the internal temperature of the appliance is too high.
- The alarm will turn off after optimal temperature has been reached.
- You can turn off the audible alarm by pressing any button.
- See the user manual for details of how to turn off the acoustic alarm.
- Check the temperature classification on your appliance’s data label. (If you do not have your user manual, refer to Where can I find the user manual for my appliance?)
- Correct operation can only be guaranteed for SN class products within an ambient temperature range of 10 °C to 32 °C.
Specification of climate class on the rating plate:
Have you tried resetting the appliance?
It may be necessary to perform an electronic reset by unplugging the appliance from the power supply.
- Interruption and reconnection will reset the product’s electronic components.
- Make sure the product is switched on again via the control panel or thermostat.
The compressor switches on and off at short intervals:
- If the appliance not refrigerate and the compressor switches on and off at intervals of one to two minutes - switch off the cabinet for about 30 minutes and then switch it back on again.
- If this does not resolve the issue, request a visit by a service engineer. (Report error code: EO).
Loud clicking noise:
- If the appliance does not refrigerate and the compressor makes a loud clicking noise, request a visit by a service engineer. (Report error code: EP).
Compressor does not operate at all:
- If the appliance not refrigerate and compressor does not run at all, request a visit by a service engineer. (Report error code: EQ).
Compressor is very hot:
- If the appliance refrigerate and you can hear the compressor running, but the compressor is very hot (in case of a freestanding cabinet), request a visit by a service engineer. (Report error code: IS).
To help you determine the exact nature of the problem, we recommend a visit by one of our authorized engineers to check the appliance and fix the problem.
When contacting us, please have the following information to hand. You will find this information on the manufacturer’s data plate:
- Model number
- Product number (PNC)
- ELC number
- Serial number
Data plate with model number, product number/PNC, ELC and serial number:
NOTE: Depending on the problem, you may be charged for a service visit by an engineer, even during the warranty period.
Make a note of the reported error code and quote it when you request an engineer. This will not solve your problem, but it will help our engineer identify the cause of the problem.
- Report error code: According to the instructions listed above).
Warning: We do not recommend using the product until the problem has been completely fixed. Unplug the product and do not plug it in again until you are certain that it is OK to do so.
You can request a visit by one of our engineers by clicking on the link below.