If the tumble dryer drum does not rotate, no error message is displayed, refer to the suggestions below for step by step instructions.
Is this the first time that you have used the appliance?
If it is the first time you’re using the appliance, the problem may be that you have not removed the transit parts.
Remove the transit parts:
Before using the tumble dryer for the first time, remove the transit parts from it.
Can you hear the appliance’s motor running?
If you can hear the motor running, but the drum is not moving round, get an engineer to inspect the appliance. (Report error code: JL).
Is the start/pause button flashing?
If your product has a display, you will see the countdown to the delayed start time.
- If the product does not have a display, a light will flash next to a time symbol, e.g. 4h-8h-12h.
If delayed start is enabled and you want to start the appliance immediately, you can disable the delayed start function.
Disabling delayed start:
- To disable the setting for delayed start, switch the appliance off and then switch it back on again.
- If this does not work, see the section on delayed start in the user manual for the appliance. (If you do not have your user manual, refer to Where can I find the user manual for my appliance?).
Have you tried resetting the appliance?
You may be able to fix the problem by resetting the washing machine.
- To do this, remove the plug from the socket, wait 3 minutes and then plug it in again.
Is the power supply OK?
- Remove the plug from the socket.
- Check the power supply by plugging in a different product and see whether it works.
Has one of your relays tripped or has a fuse blown?
- Reset the circuit-breaker / RCD device or replace the fuse
- You can reset the circuit-breaker by pushing the switch to the "ON" position.
The circuit-breaker may look like one of those shown in the images below:
Older-type fuse box system may look like one of those shown in the images below:
Is the door fully closed?
Close the door before starting.
- Before you press the start/pause button on the dryer, make sure the door is completely closed.
- If the door is not completely closed, the start/pause button will simply flash and the cycle will not start.
Is the child lock enabled?
If the child lock is enabled, you will see a lock symbol/padlock on the display.
Disabling the child lock function:
- The child lock function can be disabled by pressing two buttons simultaneously.
- You can find out which two buttons you need to press in the user manual.
Is the energy-saving function on your product enabled?
Button flashes and appliance does not start (if the appliance has this function). If the tumble dryer is in energy-saving mode, you will only see a flashing start/pause button.
- You can disable energy-saving mode by switching the dryer off and on again.
- Select a drying cycle and press the start/pause button.
Is the “water tank full” indicator lit?
The appliance will stop the cycle if the water tank is full.
- Empty the tank and restart the cycle.
Is your product connected to an external drain?
The machine will stop the cycle if there is a problem with the drain
- Check that it has been installed correctly and that the hose is not twisted or kinked.
Is the steam tank full of distilled water (if your machine has the steam function)?
If the steam tank is empty
- A message will appear on the display telling you to top up the steam tank with distilled water.
Filling the steam tank:
When you are using a steam cycle on a steam dryer, the steam tank must be filled with distilled water.
If the steam tank is empty, you will see a message or a symbol on the tumble dryer’s display telling you to fill the steam tank with water.
Is the door hinge broken?
If the door hinge is broken, it may be possible to close the door, but the door switch will not be enabled.
- If the door hinge is broken, request a visit by a service engineer. (Report error code: JB).
If the above does not resolve the problem, contact an Authorized Service Center.
To help you determine the exact nature of the problem, we recommend a visit by one of our authorized engineers to check the appliance and fix the problem.
When contacting us, please have the following information to hand. You will find this information on the manufacturer’s data plate:
- Model number
- Product number (PNC)
- ELC number
- Serial number
Data plate with model number, product number/PNC, ELC and serial number:
NOTE: Depending on the problem, you may be charged for a service visit by an engineer, even during the warranty period.
Make a note of the reported error code and quote it when you request an engineer. This will not solve your problem, but it will help our engineer identify the cause of the problem.
- Report error code: JB (Or according to the instructions listed above).
Warning: We do not recommend using the product until the problem has been completely fixed. Unplug the product and do not plug it in again until you are certain that it is OK to do so.
You can request a visit by one of our engineers by clicking on the link below.