Washing machine displays error message Eb0, Ebo or emits 11 beeps / 11 flashes, indicates the issue may be caused by the too low voltage of the power supply to the appliance.
Power supply voltage too low:
- You can check the voltage by plugging in the appliance somewhere else and then trying it again.
Extension cable used:
This problem may be caused by an extension cable used to connect the appliance to the power supply.
- Remove any extension cable and try again.
This error can occur if the appliance is not plugged into a grounded socket.
- Check whether the product is connected to ground in the electrical installation. Plug the machine into an grounded socket and try again.
- The problem can sometimes be resolved by resetting the machine. To do this, switch off the power to the machine and then switch it on again after about 20-30 seconds.
- Test whether the machine is working normally again.
If the above suggestion do not resolve the issue, contact an Authorized Service Center.
To help you determine the exact nature of the problem, we recommend a visit by one of our authorized engineers to check the appliance and fix the problem.
When contacting us, please have the following information to hand. You will find this information on the manufacturer’s data plate:
- Model number
- Product number (PNC)
- ELC number
- Serial number
Data plate with model number, product number/PNC, ELC and serial number:
NOTE: Depending on the problem, you may be charged for a service visit by an engineer, even during the warranty period.
Make a note of the reported error code and quote it when you request an engineer. This will not solve your problem, but it will help our engineer identify the cause of the problem.
- Report error code: DR
Warning: We do not recommend using the product until the problem has been completely fixed. Unplug the product and do not plug it in again until you are certain that it is OK to do so.
You can request a visit by one of our engineers by clicking on the link below.