Loading and unloading the dishwasher
- Last updated
Save as PDF
When loading and unloading the dishwasher, refer to the suggestions below for step by step instructions.
Loading the dishwasher:
- Use your appliance to wash dishwasher-safe items only.
- Do not place any items made from wood, horn, aluminum, tin or copper in the dishwasher.
- Do not place any items which can absorb water (sponges, cloths) in the dishwasher.
- Remove excess food from any items before placing them in the dishwasher.
- To remove leftover or dry food easily, soak pots and pans in water before placing them in the dishwasher.
- Place hollow objects (such as cups, glasses and pots) with their openings facing downwards.
- Make sure that cutlery and plates etc. are not too close to each other. Mix spoons with other cutlery.
- Make sure glasses do not touch each other.
- Place small items in the cutlery basket.
- Place light items in the upper basket. Make sure they cannot move.
- Make sure that the spray arms can move freely before starting a washing cycle.
Unloading the dishwasher:
- Let the tableware cool down before removing it from the appliance.
- First empty the lower basket, then empty the upper basket.