It is normal for the refrigerator, freezer or refrigerator - freezer's compressor runs for a long time.
- The compressor can run for up to around 45 minutes per hour and, in the case of appliances with an electronically controlled compressor, without pause, only changing intensity as required.
- If the temperature in the refrigerator or freezer is normal, there is no cause for concern.
There may also be other reasons for the compressor’s extended operating period:
The temperature is set incorrectly:
- Normal operating temperature is 4 - 5 °C in refrigerators and -18 °C at the warmest in freezers.
- If the temperature is set too low, this will increase the compressor’s operating time.
Large amounts of food were recently stored in the appliance:
- The compressor runs for a long time if a lot of food items need to be cooled down.
The food items were warm when they were put in the appliance:
- The compressor runs for a long time if hot food items need to be cooled down.
High room temperature:
- If the ambient room temperature is high, this increases the compressor’s operating time.
The door is not closed properly:
- If the door is not closed properly or the door seal is damaged, warm air is released into the refrigerator or freezer.
- This increases the compressor’s operating time.