If the washing machine does not heat up, and does not display an error message, refer to the suggestions below for step by step instructions.
- Modern appliances wash at lower temperatures, and if the machine has replaced an older model, it may not heat to as high a temperature as the previous one.
- The electronics in the appliance should be able to register whether the heating element is defective, and will usually display an error message.
If no error message is displayed, follow the instructions below to resolve the issue:
- Make sure that the appliance is not overloaded.
- Determine whether the selected cycle involves heating.
- Make sure that the drain filter is clean and unclogged.
- If the appliance is supplied with hard water, water softener may be required.
- Run a service wash at the highest temperature without any clothing in the machine. Then run the cycle with new detergent.