Carbon filters can usually be washed and restored when they no longer absorb the steam coming from saucepans.
- Under normal circumstances the filters will need to be washed every 3–4 months, or more frequently with intensive use.
- If you use the cooker hood intensively, you should only wash the carbon filters a maximum of 5 times. In other cases, the filters can be washed up to 8 times before it is necessary to replace them.
- When the filters no longer absorb the smell from food preparation, you will need to replace them.
Restoring carbon filters:
- Put the filter in the dishwasher and use an intensive washing cycle at max. 70°C, without using any soap.
- The filter can also be rinsed under hot tap water, without using a sponge.
- Place the filter in the oven, when it has been drained.
- Set the oven to 70°C and keep the filter there for two hours.
You can find new filters in our Webshop. (You can visit our webshop by clicking on the link below).