If the hot plate heats unevenly, refer to the suggestions below for step by step instructions.
- Special induction products give out high power at the bottom of the cookware within a very short time.
- The cookware often becomes too hot to the touch after only a few minutes.
- During this short time, all the power is taken up by and distributed across the metal bottom of the cookware.
- If the heating cannot be distributed evenly across the full metal bottom, it will seem like the hot plate is heating unevenly.
Instead, start out at a lower power setting before cooking proper.
- The metal bottom will “keep up” more easily, and thus heat more evenly.
Most pan manufacturers have different instructions for the correct use of their products on their websites.
To help you determine the exact nature of the problem, we recommend a visit by one of our authorized engineers to check the appliance and fix the problem.
When contacting us, please have the following information to hand. You will find this information on the manufacturer’s data plate:
- Model number
- Product number (PNC)
- ELC number
- Serial number
Data plate with model number, product number/PNC, ELC and serial number:
NOTE: Depending on the problem, you may be charged for a service visit by an engineer, even during the warranty period.
Make a note of the reported error code and quote it when you request an engineer. This will not solve your problem, but it will help our engineer identify the cause of the problem.
Warning: We do not recommend using the product until the problem has been completely fixed. Unplug the product and do not plug it in again until you are certain that it is OK to do so.
You can request a visit by one of our engineers by clicking on the link below.