- Unpleasant, rotten or strong odour in the freezer
- Chest freezer
1. Store strong-smelling foodstuffs in airtight containers
2. Defrost the freezer before you start cleaning
- See your user manual for instructions on how to defrost your freezer.
- You can download user manual here.
3. Carefully clean the baskets, door seal and inside using a suitable anti-bacterial disinfectant/cleaning agent
4. Clean the drip tray situated above the compressor at the rear of the appliance
5. If the power supply has been cut off at any point and the food has thawed, this may be the cause of the odour.
Foods that have thawed cannot be refrozen.