- The door is difficult to open
- The door must be pulled hard before it opens
- Fridge freezer
1. Press your finger into the inside of a corner of the door seal to release some suction and make it easier to open the door soon after closing it.
2. Wait approx. one minute before opening the door again if it has just been closed
3. Avoid slamming the door shut
4. Check whether the appliance is level/upright
You can do this by adjusting the feet on the bottom and checking the level with a spirit level until the door sits level with the outside of the body.
5. Check whether the hinges are damaged and replace any defective hinge parts
6. Contact an Authorized Service Centre
If the above suggestions did not solve the problem, we recommend requesting a visit by a service engineer.
- Air inside a fridge or freezer “shrinks” as it gets colder. This can sometimes create suction, which makes it difficult to open the door. If the door is closed quickly or slammed shut, air will be forced out and it may take several minutes for the vacuum to be released, after which the door can be opened normally. Suction inside a fridge or freezer after closing the door is normal and not a product fault.